Wednesday, January 9, 2008

City of Surrey

I have lived in Burnaby, downtown Vancouver and North Vancouver but now I live in Surrey.
I enjoy living in Surrey even though it is far away from downtown Vancouver.

Burnaby and North Vancouver are quiet and peaceful cities but I sometimes got bored when I lived there because there was nothing to do when I got used to living there.
Downtown is always busy. I was excited to live downtown for about a week, then eventually I got tired of living in a busy city.
And now, I live in Surrey which is a quieter city. Surrey is known as the city of parks and I enjoy taking walks at all the different parks on the weekends. There are also several shopping malls which I enjoy shopping at. Surrey is such a nice city with a equal mix of quiet and busy areas that makes it perfect place for me to live.

Let me elaborate about the City of Surrey which is my favorite in British Columbia.

Surrey is the second largest city in British Columbia which is located near the Canada and USA border.
The population is over 410,000. Most of the visible population is South Asian. There are many Asian people in Vancouver from China, Korea and Japan. Comparing Surrey with Vancouver, there are not so many Asian people in Surrey.
There are about 600 parks and a lot of green spaces in Surrey. They are good for nature walking, bird-watching, bike-riding, fishing and much more. If you like outdoor, it's good to live in Surrey.
There are not only parks and green spaces but also several shopping malls. They are not as big as Metrotown in Burnaby but they're big enough to enjoy shopping. If you don't like busy shopping malls, there are big box stores such as Wal-Mart and Homedepot. There are lots of small independent stores for all individual needs from hardware, laundry, movie rental, grocery store so you can get everything you want.

I just moved into Surry a month ago and I have already discovered so much. I heard that there are much more good places to visit like the art gallery and sports centers in Surrey. I will explore Surrey more and more so that I will be able to enjoy my life in much more.

By Kurumi

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP