Monday, April 21, 2008

Learning English by Movies

I've heard that watching movies is one of efficient ways to learn English.


So, I started watching movie with captions.


Actually, it wasn't movie, it was "Friends" american drama.


First time I watched it, I had no idia why people laughed, and what was going on.


Only things I was alble to laugh and understand were funny actions.


I kept watching it eventhough I couldn't understand, and started listening to MP3 of it.


I was always listening to it when I was traveling.


Surprisingly, I started laughing while I was listening.


I started understanding it little by little.


After that, I started watching other dramas with captions.


I think I was able to understand 7/10 about the stories.


Recently, I felt an other improvement of my English.


I was watching "Heroes". It was so addictive drama,


so I couldn't stop watching it. I watched 4~5 episodes a day.


At the last seen of the last episode, I noticed I was watching it without captions!.


I had fogotten opening the caption file. I was so surprised that I was able to watch it without captions.


It doesn't mean I'm able to understand all of it, but I think I'm able to understand 60~70%.


I've still got a long way to go.




By Rio.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP