Thursday, January 28, 2010

Korean restaurant 'JANG MO JIP"


Last Saturday I went to JANG MO JIP Korean restaurant located in Robson street, Vancouver with my chinese canadian and japanese friends. Because I've just got my first paycheck since I started to work. ^^*
So, that day was my treat for them!



I really wanted to let my friends try to eat a delicious korean food. I searched some korean restaurants by google website and then found out some good restaurants like MA DANG COUL, JANG MO JIB, DAE BAK BON GA, SHABUSEN YAKINIKU HOUSE(Japanese sushi dish and Korean BBQ) etc.
I decided to go to JANG MO JIB KOREAN RESTARUATN and went to there with them.
(Jang Mo Jib means my wife's parent house. In Korea, most of Wife's mothers cook some delicious and healthy foods for their son-in-law. Because they regards their son-in-law as a real son.)




The restaurant was packed with people and there were some people waiting in a line for entering. I think the location is very convenient and already known as a famous restaurant in downtown. That's the reason!
Fortunately the waiting time was not that long.
The most popular dish here is GAM JA TANG, the spicy pork spin hot pot. And I'm not exaggerating, literally, every single table has this. It was extraordinary! Huge pieces of pork spins with meat falling off, very tasty! We also ordered seafood pancake and the glass noodle. Very nice too.

A couple of things I noticed here, waitresses take your order with iPhone.... It's creative! That just amused me. Another thing is this place is very generous about their side dishes, which doesn't happen in most Korean restaurant, waitresses would bring a bucket of the item and fill it up at your table.

All in all, if you want to taste a korean famous food, here is definitely a place to stop by!!

By HeeJung

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP