Monday, June 18, 2007

My life in Vancouver


Why do I like Vancouver?

What I like about Vancouver is People. The people who live here are generally nice to us. Just because they have come from other counties as well. Therefore, they understand us. That makes me think Vancouver is one of the best place to learn English.


What things do I dislike about Vancouver?

There is one thing I really don’t like. It’s rain. Vancouver has lots of rain in winter. I’m a kind of person who loves outdoors and stuff. Staying home and watch TV all day makes me sick. I’ve seen many visitors left Vancouver because they couldn’t take it. The reason why I could take it is because of summer. Everything is very nice in summer. It is too good to leave.


What is good to be in Vancouver?

If you come to Vancouver as a student or who has tried to have great experience which you never had, this would be a right place for you. People here are gatherd from all over the world. You can see people walking on street and they all have different looks, from face to outfit. And you never know where they are from unless you got a talk with them, though you could guess. What I’m trying to tell is that Vancouver is like the epitome of the world. You could have friends all over the world once for all and have valuable experience without going far away.


What I have done in Vancouver?

I’ve studied at ESL school. I’ve finished school little bit too short, however, I could study myself at least. I have no sense of saving money so that my money was running out. So, I found a place where I could work and make money. Although, I was little bit serious about improving my English, I was also interested in Japanese restaurant. No hard to get used to work there. I’ve worked for 10 month there. That was good time for me. People say “Why Japanese restaurant?” Yeah, understandable. Just because I simply had no time to consider it. Still, working at Japanese restaurant could be good experience depending on what you do. If you try to get anything at every moment, you never waste time. Every moment will come back to you as a good experience. That’s what I talk about.


What is important to live abroad?

I think there would be some differences depending on where you’re from to answer this question. Anyway, what I recommend you to do is try to maintain yourself. I realized that people here are much more independent than Japanese in physical. If you live in Japan, you would feel very comfortable and convenient. You could have any kind of service there and satisfied even if it’s midnight, I would say, No problem. You don’t need to make lunch or dinner. Bathrooms, clocks, vending machines, hospitals, convenience store, There are everywhere. I still encounter the situation that I feel inconvenient. Just because I’m depending on something. Although you can’t live by all alone for sure, let’s think about your life for a change.


by Yusuke

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP