Thursday, November 22, 2007

Hiking

There are many wonderful hikes to do in the Whistler area. An excellent day hike, for those in good physical condition, is to hike to the Joffre Lake glacier at Joffre Lake Provincial Park, which is located north of Whistler. Although the hike is fairly steep, the views are amazing! Be sure to take adequate foot and drink. haha

The Joffre Lake


Firstly, we looked for the person who drive to the Joffre Lake for hiking on web site. You can find hiking enthusiasts and can ask them to take thier destination with them. Because my friend did everything at that time, I'm not sure in detail or if there are some way to get there like a rented car. But if you could find a person, it would be very nice. Because he or she might have lots of knowledge about a mountain and hiking. Actually, the guy who went hiking with us knew plants very well. So he often explained us about them on hiking. It was so interesting.



Unfortunately, the day we went hiking rained slightly almost all day so I was cold before hiking. However even though it was rainy, I was getting very warm as I climbed the Mt. The guy said that this hiking course level was midium. That's unbelievable. He climbed very fast but we were so slow. We didn't think it was midium level at all because there were many rocks and it was fairly steep! we were already tired in 30 min. I tried the same steps as the guy because he was good at choosing the best way. But I couldn't walked as fast as him so I couldn't catch him. We met some groups on the way and I was astonished. Even a dog climbed the rocks very well! I was impressed it. The hiking was very tough but I got amazing views during the hiking. Also the air was very clear and fresh. I felt refreshing. After all, it took 7 hours to hike. It seems a long time but actually I didn't feel such a long time. Although it was extremely hard, it was also fun so much. If you have time in Vancouver, I recomend it to you.

Lets go hiking :)

the Map of the Joffre lake ↓↓

By Yukiko

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP