Thursday, June 26, 2008

How to write a poem?

Topic for this week in TESOL class is “Teaching reading”. It may seem to be difficult but I think that all students really enjoy it.
Yesterday we were using poetry in the class and we became poets. Real poets!!! You may believe or not but it is not so complicated. You should use your imagination and try to write even a very easy poem, even a poem about everyday life.
Just try!
We tried. We worked in pairs and each group wrote a poem. You can read it below.


Picture

The picture is blurred
It is dark and scary
I’ve never seen him smiling…
His eyes are sad, waiting for happiness
His small hands need love
I wish I could help him

Ju&Yu

***

The bizarre girl

The smiling and not so shy girl seems happy
She is thinking about the weekend but actually
She is dreaming of another life
She then looks at her clean hands and says:
“Oh, my hands can do so many things!”
So she grabs the plant and felt like throwing it out
But the window was like a cage
And in the whitish artificial neon light
She suddenly became sleepy
But the humming of the ventilation awoke her
Then she saw through the windows a beautiful
View despite the many towers.
She realized that her future wasn’t bright but soft and dark.

Lawrence
Christine
***

no title

World wide map is stretched on the wall and wind makes plants dance.
The light through the window since I was here but I didn’t even notice.
On the other hand it makes me happy though.
The hands were weird like hers.
Outside is shining and beautiful but who knows tomorrow could be raining.
I wonder he has new haircut but I don’t think he would notice that I’m staring him.
It may be ridiculous

no names

***

Do you like it?
Now it is your turn! If you want, you can write a poem or a fairy tale and share with us by publishing it here. It may be real fun.

ju.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP