Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Hi.

Everybody, what do you know Japan? Probably your answers are "Oh, I know Sushi! That's one of my favorite food!" or "I know Tokyo. Capital city of Japan!" something like that. But wait! There are many more good and interesting things in Japan.
Now, have you ever heard about "Hokkaido"? That's a big island located at the north part of japan. My university is in Hokkaido and traveled around a lot of places and experienced many things with my friends before I came Canada.



The picture above is the one of a event called "Sapporo Snow Festibal" take place in February every year. In this event, you can enjoy hundreds of beautiful snow statues and ice sculptures which line Odori Park,the grounds at Community Dome Tsudome, and the main street in Susukino. About two million people come to Sapporo to see them.

Speaking of Sapporo, do you know it? That's a one of the largest cities in Japan located center of Hokkaido.



You can see nightview like the picture above from top of a tower called "JR Tower".

Hokkaido is also famous for food especially seefood, butadon(pork and rice) and beer.


I can't forget the moment when I ate sushi for the first time in Sapporo. That was totally different from sushi I knew! Amazing!! I highly recommend that you go to Sapporo and taste it. You will know what the authentic Sushi is.




If you like beer, you are very welcome to go to Hokkaido cuz everybody likes beer there too! haha There is a event named "Beer Garden". People drink beer outside, get drunk and hang out with strangers in that event. That is so much fun!




I'll be in Hokkaido from this September. So if you come to Hokkaido, let me know and I can show around! I'm looking forward to seeing you there!!!

by takuma

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP